Bilingual Patient Relations Agent (English-Spanish)
This is an on-site position based in Bogota, Colombia. Only applications in English will be reviewed.
Medical experience is not required for this role. Candidates with a background in hospitality are welcome to apply.
The patient relations agent will be responsible for an array of activities related to patient intake and care, including all phone / text messages and emails, as well as verifying information supplied by patients. To be successful in this role you must be able to facilitate and coordinate communication between patients, family members, and medical staff.
What you will be doing:
- Answering multiple phone calls for a variety of entities and communicating messages / instructions to appropriate staff.
- Scheduling patient appointments and making reminder calls.
- Informing patients about delays and waiting times.
- Obtaining patients' addresses, contact details, insurance information, and medical histories.
- Updating and verifying patient information.
- Assisting patients in filling out patient history forms, consent forms, and payment contract forms, when necessary.
- Reviewing patient accounts.
- Answering, investigating, and/or directing patient inquiries or complaints to the appropriate medical staff member.
- Utilizing company technologies including all communication platforms and electronic medical records.
- Following up with patients to ensure their inquiry or complaint has been satisfactorily resolved.
- Performing administrative and clerical duties, such as e-filing paperwork, entering payments, issuing invoices, among others.
- Participating in the construction of processes and making contributions to improve those established.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
What we are looking for:
- Bilingual (Spanish and English), with strong proficiency both verbal / written - in both languages. English level required is B2 or above. This is a MUST, since 100% of communications will be in English.
- Experience working as a Patient Representative or Front Desk agent within the hospitality industry
- Minimum education requirements: technical school
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on customer service
- Enjoys working with people
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate exceptional multitasking
- Understanding of startup culture
- Willing to commit to the job on the long term
What we offer:
- Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m (Central Standard Time)
- Great office facilities
- Compensation paid in USD
- Independent contractor agreement with additional benefits
- Opportunities to learn and develop
- Stimulating multi-cultural environment