Founded in 2011, Andes Global Trading is an international meat trading company, and one of the fastest growing exporter to butcher shops, retailers, food distributors and meat packers across Mexico, Latin America and Canada. Widely respected in the industry, ANDES has been named among the top 50 fastest growing companies and among the top 50 private companies by the South Florida Business Journal. We believe in passionately building an extraordinary company, with a happy and respectful environment, living with an entrepreneurial spirit, where our people can contribute and grow.
The HR Coordinator will be responsible to supporting the HR Manager in leading, managing and executing the HR function and effectively, develop and evaluate human resource-related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals; The incumbent will be responsable for supporting and managing every aspect of company’s employment needs, support staff operations, support business planning and budget development of HR programs as applicable. Collaborate, plan and execute all human resources initiatives including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations of the organization. Ensure policies, procedures and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals and are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws in the US, Mexico and other countries where the company has employees in (e.g. Canada). This position will report to the HHRR Manager.
1. Coordinate Training, Leadership development and Company Culture and Core Values programs across the organization. Including but not limited to:
- Manage training process including employee profiles, functional curriculum development and training performance tracking and notification in our Learning Management System (Andes University). Support area managers with e-learning solutions, where feasible.
- Coordination with all leaders effective coaching 1-1 sessions (coaching for performance and for development) with direct reports.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and conduct new hire orientations effectively for all employee, ensuring a consistent message for all locations in the Regions.
- Consistently manage monthly training and development record keeping system to track employee participation and progress including initial training plan to make sure they are completed within 90 days of employment or job transfer.
- Lead, drive and execute Company’s core values compaings to ensure we train, communicate, recognize, understand and live based on our core Purpose and Values.
- Lead, drive and execute Talent Assessment Process at least twice per year. Ensure process becomes part of leader’s toolset to build their team. Analyze and report Talent Assesment resutls. Ensure leader’s execution and deliver of action items including retention efforts, development and back up, succession planning. Follow up and hold leaders accountable.
- Coordinate efforts and train leaders to ensure carreer path conversations and coaching are being held across the organizaton.
2. Support, coordinate and execute effective HR infrastructure to support company goals and strategic objectives.
- Support and coordinate with manager the execution of performance management process and talent assessment.
- Execute and coordinate organizational development programs and training programs.
- Support efforts to develop and document Job Descriptions across the organization. Ensure roles are maintained up to date.
- Develop, document and manage program for back up and succession plan for critical roles across the organization.
- Make informed business decisions based on data and statistics
- Utilize technology to enhance and measure the results of human resources programs.
- Support, executive and coordinate employee engagement and recognition campaings in order to suppor the developement of a culture of excellence, based on values and accountability. Analyze, report and communicate results and coordinate action plans across the organization.
3. Talent Acquisition. Responsible to support and execute the full-cycle recruitment process as directed by manager. Among the key responsibilities include:
- Execute and ensure compliance with procedures and practices for talent aquisition. Partner with marketing to lauch talent attraction efforts and create a bench for critical roles.
- Deliver and coordinate effective orientation and onboarding process to help new hires be set up for success, including implementaiton of effective 100 day plan. Ensure it takes place.
- Execute and support manangment on effective interviewing process. Train managemnt in effective interviewing, such as interviews by competencies.
- In coordination with manager, develop expertise and netwok within the meat industry and international trade to create connections, identify talent and source roles in a timely basis. Collaborate in the development of strategic partners and recruiters to support in the hiring process.
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvement opportunities to make HR process and talent acquisition more efficient.
- Coordinate with manager the execution of Talent Assessments and effective talent retention program for high performers, incluiding career path discussion, benefits and compentsation, coaching for performance, among others.
- Coordinate and execute effective intern program for critical areas. Partner with universities and technical schools to source areas for future talent development.
- Coordinate and execute effective compensation program to support employee engagement and retention.
- Support, execute and coordinate with manager the HR Manangement Process and Labor Compliance, including:
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations, advise department managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances. Coordinate with external lawyers or consultants relating to labor compliance in Mexico and other international countries where employees are hired.
- Support and execute payroll and benefits programs.
- Coordinate with manager the planning and compliance with HR department budget.
- Execute, manage and coordinate policies and guidelines, database management procedures, equal opportunity employment programs, and employee records and documentation policies.
- Implement and execute employee relations policies, and surveys to help increase employees’ job satisfaction and engagement.
- Manage PTO (Personal Time Off) and SL (Sick Leave) based on employee need and company requirements.
- Support and coordinate efforts to Handle personnel issues. Coordinate with leaders as appropriate all related matters to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, disicplinary actions, firing, etc. Respond to questions or complaints from employees in a timely fashion and in coordination with manager.
- Support the preparation and distribution of reports on HR metrics.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required. Certifications in Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in human resources department. Experience in companies with high transaction volume is a plus.
- Strong track record in training development and employee coaching is required.
- Experience in Full-Cycle Recruiting, interviewing process, onboarding, Performance Management process is preffered.
- Understanding of Benefits & Compensation, payroll and other HR functions, Strategic Planning, Labor Compliance in the US. Previous experience in labor compliance in Mexico and/or Canada is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications specially Excel and Outlook/email, or other Microsoft Office applications.
- Bilingual 100%. Fluency in Spanish and English, written and verbal skills is a must.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to working in a dynamic environment and under pressure.
- Travel –10-20%
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills. Effective and tactful in difficult or sensitive issues and in working, and communicating well with people from all levels, cultures and backgrounds.
- Demostrated ability for Employee Development/Coaching. Facilitating, supporting and contributing to the professional growth of others.
- Pro-active, results oriented and self-driven. Proven ability to drive and achieve timely results through effective prioritization and use of resources, systems and processes. Takes personal accountability for outcomes. Act with a sense of urgency and adapt to various situations with ease.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills to manage time and priorities to meet deadlines, work independently, maintain composure in difficult situations, strive for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated an ability to make thorough decisions in a timely manner. Acts decisively once all aspects have been analyzed.
- Disciplined team player in regards to policy, procedure and standards. Resilient and self-confident with “can-do” orientation.
- Strong ability to organizing and influencing people to believe in a vision while creating a sense of purpose and direction.
- Teamwork and collaboration. Proven ability to work effectively and productively with others to meet objectives. Ability to contribute and support team decisions and collaborate respectfully and constructively.
Why work for Andes Global Trading?
At ANDES, we recruit and hire people who think like owners as we are entrepreneurial in spirit following the Rockefeller Habits. We own our unique values-based culture, and our work environment is deeply rooted in honesty, transparency, communication, commitment, responsibility, and most importantly, an amazingly genuine attitude.
ANDES has been named among the Top 50 fastest growing companies and Top 50 private companies by South Florida Business Journal and recognized for excellence in entrepreneurship from Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce. The Company is a proud member of the U.S. Meat Export Federation.
We value our employees and offer a robust benefits package including 100% company paid health insurance for our employees, dental, vision, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage and an Individual Retirement Account with company matching. We pride ourselves on our fun and energetic environment that also provides our employees with a great sense of belonging as people are at the heart of all we do!
Powered by JazzHR