Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are Medical Affairs Associates of Novartis who establish reliable and lasting relationship with Medical Experts (ME), researchers and decision makers, based on the expertise of scientific knowledge.
They prepare and strategically support the development and launch of new products or indications through educating opinion leaders, key stakeholders and scientific community to improve treatment solutions for patients, based on medical solid evidence.
increasing awareness of Novartis clinical research programs to increase patient recruitment and identifying research proposals originated from opinion leaders.
strengthen and build relationships with relevant medical organizations, including cooperative groups, research institutions, hospitals, networks, medical organizations or payers.
2. Educate medical experts, lecturers and researchers on new and emerging data with individual goals, and always in adherence to local legal and regulatory requirements.
3. Organize, consolidate and lead Advisory Boards in their therapeutic area. 4. Provide strategic medical support, as part of a cross functional team to enhance the quality of relevant clinical trials : recommending sites provide quality research and medical education activities to Increase awareness of Novartis clinical research program to enhance patient identification and trial accrual.
Upon investigator request, liaise between potential researcher and the Company on IIT submission process or requests for research grade substance (Material Transfer Agreements) to support independent clinical / preclinical research.
5. Implement scientific projects according to global corporate strategies. Examples of these projects include, but are not limited to : epidemiological projects, registries, clinical research, multidisciplinary projects involving education and collaboration of multiple functions in the medical community.
Support local data generation and potential publications. 6.Supporting the area of Regulatory Affairs and pharmacovigilance providing information about the products of its therapeutic area.
MD, general practicioner or specialist in clinical areas, epidemiology, pharmacology or biostatistics, with proven influencing skills, clinical research in-
sight, business and market knowledge. Fluent in English & Local Language (oral and written). Proven competency and successful experience as an MSL.
2. An advanced proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with Medical Experts / Key Stakeholders and decision makers 3.
Advanced knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
4. Advanced knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research in at least one therapeutic area. 5.
Ability to synthesize complex scientific information and analyze it within strategic and regulatory settings. 6. Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
7. Strong personal integrity and customer focus. 8. Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.