The Appointment Coordinator serves as an initial contact for patients and customers, in-person and via telephone, and assists them in a manner consistent with Marshfield Clinic Health Systems' customer service standards.
The Appointment Coordinator assesses needs of the patients or customers to determine appropriate scheduling with health care providers within a time and sequence acceptable to the patient and customer's needs and Clinic policy. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Operates computer and phone system to appropriately and accurately schedule, change, cancel, coordinate, and confirm appointments including ancillary tests and procedures for patients and customers.
2. Screens all incoming phone calls to the department and determines disposition.
3. Schedules and instructs patients on preparations for tests and procedures. 4. Sends letters with appropriate forms, questionnaires, and instructions to patients to educate or receive feedback about their appointment and or procedures.
5. Receives, processes, and files letters and forms from patients and referral sources.
6. Verifies and updates patients' insurance and demographic information.
7. Maintains and updates provider schedules.
8. Operates a fax machine, photocopier and / or printer effectively to communicate patient information.
9. Requests and processes co-payments from patients.
10. Regular attendance is required in order to carry out the essential functions of the position.
11. Reviews and meets ongoing competency requirements of the role to maintain the skills, knowledge and abilities to perform, within scope, role specific functions.
1. Monitors, orders and delivers / stores supplies
2. Performs receptionist duties.
3. Other duties as assigned.