What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work.
We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. !
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of the complete lifecycle of a project either as an individual (standalone) project or part of an overall Program of Work.
Drives the outcomes of the project as defined in the relevant contractual documents (typically in terms of scope, quality, schedule and budget) and per the agreed delivery methodology and relevant standards.
The Project Manager understands the Company commitments as well as the Customer expectations, and steers the Project activities accordingly.
When necessary, the Project Manager recognises the need to modify the Project objectives and applies the Change Management Process.
The Project Manager is responsible to ensure that all activities are performed in adherence to SAP Methodology, Quality Standards, Reporting and Governance frameworks.
The Project Manager provides leadership to the Project cross-functional team and articulates the Project objectives, structures of the Project Team and the Project Plan.
The Project Manager maintains a sharp vision of the project and its environment, anticipating the course of action to proactively managing risks and aligns with both internal and external project stakeholders.
The Project Manager coordinates workstreams across various organizations both externally (the Customer, third party providers, sub-contractors) and SAP internally.
The Project Manager can be entrusted to one or several Project(s), at varied complexity levels, aligned with the Project Manager experience and seniority in the Project Management Career path.
The Project contractual T&Cs, financial scale, number of involved parties and consultants, risk level, deployment environment are typical parameters used to categorize a Project and will be used to determine the level of seniority that the Project Manager needs to demonstrate.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
The key Area of Responsibilities of a Project Manager across the Project Life Cycle include :
1. During the Sales cycle :
2. From Sales closure to Project formal Kick-off :
3. During Project Execution (Planning / Executing / Monitoring and Controlling) :
4. Governance & Reporting (internal) : Provide regular updates internally to DBS :
5. Governance and Reporting (Customer) :
g. System Integrator managers, sub-contractor managers).
6. Project team and Quality management :
Provide direct coaching feedback to Project Team members, when appropriate.
At Project Milestones and Project Closure :
1. On delivery of Project milestones and on completion of the Project, ensure timely appropriate Customer sign-off is achieved, particularly on Contractual Deliverables as stated in the SoW.
2. Ensure lessons learnt are captured and feedbacks provided to appropriate stakeholders.
3. Ensure knowledge transfer to the subsequent owner in life cycle has occurred to support efficient operations (e.g. AMS, Production Support, Run / Operational Teams).
4. Celebrate Project success with teams, using SAP Awards practices, internal communication to the region and to the team leadership.
At Month-End Closure :
1. Ensure accurate Project snapshot and reporting for Month-End closing, using the tools deployed by the region or territory Delivery Management (e.g. PEM / PtD).
2. Analyze Variances (Revenue, Cost, Margin, Project-start to Date (PTD), Year to Date (YTD)).
3. Forecast Revenue and Cost to complete (Estimated to Complete (ETC), Estimated at Completion (EAC)).
4. Prepare and conduct monthly Project reporting at MU level, covering delivery and financial status.
On a Continuous Basis :
1. Maintain awareness of DBS strategy in terms of transformation initiatives, methodology, tools, delivery strategy and promote understanding and adoption within the project.
Lead by example, coach Team Leads and other team members.
2. Maintain up-to-date records of project-related training.
3. Maintain awareness of Certification Related Literature, such as the Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK), driven by the Project Manager Institute (PMI).
4. Contribute actively to the DBS Community / Practice of Project Management (at least regionally) to leverage best practices, share lessons from Projects, and contribute to developing the Project Manager function.
Participate in the development of Project management best practices, examples, templates and SAP's Project Management Methodology.
5. Maintain a profound understanding of SAP solutions and of the DBS business processes and functions.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively.
Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management.
As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development.
Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves.
At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best.
At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential.
We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities.
If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team : Americas : or , APJ : , EMEA : .
EOE AA M / F / Vet / Disability :
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.