At SproutLoud our people and culture are central to our success. You’ll find an environment that is 100% jerk free, where people share the values of putting clients first, being accountable, caring about your team and the quality of your work, inspiring others, and growing in your level of expertise and professional development. Perhaps that's why for two years running (in both 2018 and 2019), we are ranked among the Top Work Places by the Sun Sentinel.
SproutLoud is a Software plus Services platform that services the local marketing needs of large organizations. Called Through-Channel Marketing Automation (TCMA), we help our clients manage their brands and distribute their marketing resources locally - through sales channels, franchisees, chain-retail locations, dealer networks, value-added reseller (VAR) programs, and field employees/offices - with a comprehensive distributed marketing solution. SproutLoud solutions manage brand compliance, increase speed to market, automate manual tasks, and provide robust reporting and business intelligence.
Identified by Forrester Research in 2018 as the Third Stage for sales and marketing leaders, SproutLoud is on the forefront of the TCMA industry. We need a great team to help us execute - so come join us!
A Tech Lead is a Senior member of the team who focus on the whole team’s productivity and strives to increase the impact of the team’s work product. As such, a Tech Lead is empowered to make independent decisions for the team as well as reach agreements and compromises with the rest of the team members on technical decisions. A Tech Lead should learn how to partner and work effectively with product, systems, analytics and other IT teams.
The tech Lead role is an set of add-on responsibilities that any engineer may take once they reach the senior level. This role may or may not include people management, but if it does, the tech lead is expected to manage these team members according SproutLoud’s standards. If a Tech Lead is not managing directly, they are still expected to provide mentorship and guidance to the other team members of the team.
- Serve as a member of one of our development teams where you will be involved in the analysis, design, implementation, and support for SproutLoud’s applications and systems
- You will be involved in most major technical decision for your team and work with them to reach the most optimal solution depending on the case
- You will spend time designing, writing, and unit testing complex pieces of code using object oriented programing concepts
- From time to time you will have to write SQL or PS/SQL procedures
- Understand SproutLoud’s architecture and technologies supporting it
- Take a wide view of the team’s work to ensure the technical roadblocks are addressed in time
- Work closely with the system architects, product owners, scrum masters and stakeholders
- Work in an agile team environment
- Work in a continuous integration environment
- Interact with stakeholders and management to make key decisions with regards to the application functionality
- Train, coach and advise other team members about OOP best practices
- Show a keen eye for detail and ability to adhere to deadlines within a fast paced environment
- Make key decisions and judgments on your own
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years commercial experience with OO PHP 5+
- 3+ years experience with an MVC framework
- Working knowledge of OO Design Patterns
- Working knowledge of UML
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Good oral and written communication skills
Not required, but would be a plus
- Experience integrating with web-services
- Experience with Ajax
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile Development
- Experience Unit Testing
Benefits and Perks
At SproutLoud, we continue to cultivate an environment that aspires to be one of the best places to work - period. SproutLoud pays the full cost of some benefit programs with our team members. Benefits include health-care coverage (Poliza de Seguro Sura), transportation/parking benefit, maternity and paternity benefits, professional development, generous paid time off (PTO) policy, employee and client referral programs, and wellness initiatives. We also have fun along the way - a partially paid gym membership, community involvement events, creative recognition programs, breakfast Fridays, BBQ/picnic summers, annual kick off events, monthly happy hours/team building activities, casual dress code, etc. And because we believe in keeping the innovative spirit alive over the long haul, we provide a paid four-week sabbatical leave after every sixth year of service for team members to recharge, renew and reboot.
Having a career at SproutLoud means you are on a team that helps each other win. You will be in an environment that is 100% jerk-free, and share values with others who are accountable, care, inspire, elevate and grow. Come grow with SproutLoud!
Powered by JazzHR