At SproutLoud our people and culture are central to our success. You’ll find an environment that is 100% jerk free, where people share the values of putting clients first, being accountable, caring about your team and the quality of your work, inspiring others, and growing in your level of expertise and professional development. Perhaps that's why for three years running (in 2018, 2019, and 2020), we are ranked among the Top Work Places by the Sun Sentinel and by the South Florida Business Journal (for 2019 and 2020).
SproutLoud is a Software plus Services platform that services the local marketing needs of large organizations. Called Through-Channel Marketing Automation (TCMA), we help our clients manage their brands and distribute their marketing resources locally - through sales channels, franchisees, chain-retail locations, dealer networks, value-added reseller (VAR) programs, and field employees/offices - with a comprehensive distributed marketing solution. SproutLoud solutions manage brand compliance, increase speed to market, automate manual tasks, and provide robust reporting and business intelligence.
Identified by Forrester Research as the Third Stage for sales and marketing leaders, SproutLoud is on the forefront of the TCMA industry. We need a great team to help us execute - so come join us!
Remote from anywhere in Colombia
As a Junior Front-End Developer, you will take part in the development of software for SproutLoud’s Through Channel Marketing Automation SaaS Platform. In this role, you will be part of a cross functional team developing and running highly complex cloud-native applications and services, while meeting the business requirements and improving overall user experience.
The Junior Front-End Developer is a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and work with modern web technologies & processes, improve efficiency along the way and make an impact while contributing to cross-functional teams. You will have opportunities to work on the front-end of our technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience work, designing user friendly interfaces, building pixel perfect, fast and reactive interfaces, and everything in between. You will learn how to design user interfaces and experiences that are required to work around the globe.
You are expected to contribute more than just code. You’ll be involved in defining how things work, what they do, and why we do that instead of something else. We also expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone else. Your ability to creatively collaborate and execute team goals will affect scalability and directly contribute to the company's product and the features our team builds. You will collaborate with product, engineering and other development teams in SproutLoud to build cloud-native applications and services using modern web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment.
You will be part of a fun, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will have opportunities for learning, mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
- Contribute to the full development life cycle of features and products in our SaaS Platform aiming to meet or exceed customer SLAs.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of large-scale distributed systems using cloud-native principles and technologies.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain user centric, fast and reactive front-end solutions using modern web technologies that powers our platform and customer experience.
- Write scalable, performant, readable and tested code following standards and best coding practices.
- Develop test strategies, use automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics.
- Participate in code reviews and provide meaningful feedback that helps other developers to build better solutions.
- Present your own designs to other development teams, engineering or stakeholders and review designs of others.
- Contribute relevant, clean, concise and quality documentation to SproutLoud's knowledge base to support/increase information sharing within the organization.
- Learn about SproutLoud’s business, master our development process, culture and code base, then improve it.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams.
- Collaborate with the interna/external stakeholder and product team to gather functional and non-functional requirements and identify the business requirements.
- Work closely with product owners and a wide variety of stakeholders to analyze and break down large requirements into small, simple, workable deliverables.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver incremental value iteratively and continuously.
- Take responsibility and ownership of product timelines and deliverables
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, web development, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building, testing, deploying and running highly performant, sophisticated, and useful front-end solutions.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with modern front-end frameworks.
- Competency transforming complex layout mockups into pixel-perfect front-end interfaces.
- Competency building responsive front-end interfaces.
- Competency consuming web services (REST, SOAP) and integrating with third-party systems.
- Competency on version control systems.
- Know-how of web and mobile standards and technologies.
- Know-how of web layout and design composition.
- Know-how of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Know-how of Test Driven Development (TDD) or working experience with automated testing including unit and functional testing.
- Know-how of OWASP security principles, understanding accessibility, and security compliance.
- Know-how of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevSecOps best practices.
- Know-how of Data structures and Algorithms.
- Know-how of Unix and command line tools.
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions while demonstrating the flexibility to learn new technologies that meet business needs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
- Proficiency in web fundamental technologies such as JSON, XML, AJAX, HTTP
- Proficiency in one or more modern CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Bulma, Materialize CSS. Emphasis on Bootstrap.
- Fluency in one or more modern CSS precompilers such as Less or Sass.
- Fluency in one or more front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, React, Vue.js. Emphasis on Vue.js.
- Fluency in one or more Template Engine/Processors such as Smarty, Blade, Twig, Mustache, Handlebards, etc. Emphasis on Smarty and Twig.
- Fluency in one or more testing frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai. Emphasis on Jest.
- Fluency in one or more Version Control Systems such as Git, SVN, CVS, Team Foundation. Emphasis on Git.
- Fluency in one or more Rapid Design Tools such as Figma, inVision, Moqups, Balsamiq, etc. Emphasis on Figma.
- Fluency in one or more debugging and optimization tools such as Postman, Developer Tools, YSlow, HTTPWatch, etc.
It’s a plus if you have any of the following skills:
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design Patterns
- Fluency in one or more Object Oriented Programming languages such as PHP, Java or Python.
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc). Preferably Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Docker, containers or Kubernetes.
- Experience in one or more Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla. Emphasys in Drupal.
- Experience with user authentication, authorization, including OAuth 2, OpenID Connect, SAML 2, Single Sign-On (SSO), and IAM
- Experience working in an agile development environment, collaborating with cross-functional teams, product teams and architecture teams.
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available front-end solutions.
- Strong communication skills (English) as well as experience in mentoring and educating your peers.
Benefits and Perks
At SproutLoud, we continue to cultivate an environment that aspires to be one of the best places to work, period. SproutLoud pays the full cost of some benefit programs with our team members. Benefits include health care coverage (Sura insurance policy), connectivity benefit, English classes, maternity and paternity benefits, possibility of remote work, professional development, generous paid time off policy (PTO), programs and initiatives of reference of employees and customers. of wellness. We also had fun along the way: a partially paid gym membership, community engagement events, creative recognition programs, breakfast on Fridays, summer barbecue / picnic, annual kick-off events, monthly happy hours / team building activities , casual dress code, etc. Because we believe in keeping the innovative spirit alive for the long term, we offer a four-week paid sabbatical after every six years of service for team members to recharge, renew, and restart.
Having a career at SproutLoud means you are on a team that helps each other win. You will be in a 100% shake free environment and share values with others who are responsible, caring, inspiring, on the rise and growing. Come grow with SproutLoud!
Powered by JazzHR